We are a full service surgery hospital, offering complete soft tissue and orthopedic surgery. Dr. Tony has 26 years in small animal practice, which includes extensive experience in difficult surgical cases. Our surgery capabilities include (but are not limited to):
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (knee) repair
- Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO – hip surgery)
- Simple and compound fracture repair
- Cosmetic limb amputation
- Perineal Urethrostomy (PU) for blocked cats
- Prescrotal Urethrostomy in dogs
- Splenectomy and other abdominal exploratories
- Lateral ear canal resection
- C-section, planned or emergency
- Gastric Dilatation Volvulus (GDV or Bloat) surgery
- Minor and major tumor removal
- Oral and maxillo-facial surgery
- Conjunctival flaps and entropion surgery
This is just a partial list of the many surgeries we perform here. Visit our Blog and our Case Study areas to learn more about these and other surgeries. Additionally, we use the Ellman EMC Vet-Surg radiofrequency electric scalpel for delicate tissue resection. This gives us the smallest amount of collateral tissue damage of any technology on the market, including laser. And compared to laser it is much faster, safer, and user friendly. It greatly reduces anesthesia and surgery time, and, not incidentally, is also much cheaper for the client than laser.
In addition, for any advanced surgery cases that we feel are beyond the scope of what we provide, we work in close conjunction with 3 different board certified surgeons in the Tampa Bay area.